If you have ever wanted to learn about cryptocurrency but needed to know where to start then this post contains the best books on cryptocurrency. You don’t have to read all the books on this list but reading a couple of them would give good knowledge about what cryptocurrencies are.
I’ve added basic information about each book, so you know what is inside before deciding.
- Why Read Best Books on Cryptocurrency Before Trading and Investing?
- 1. The Internet of Money: A Collection of Talks by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- 2. Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption by Ben Mezrich
- 3. The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything
- 4. Cryptocurrency Investing Bible: The Ultimate Guide About Blockchain, Mining, Trading, ICO, Ethereum Platform, Exchanges, Top Cryptocurrencies for Investing and Perfect Strategies to Make Money
- 5. Cryptocurrency Investing For Dummies
- 6. Attack of the 50-Foot Blockchain
- 7. The Infinite Machine
- 8. Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps by Daniel Drescher
- 9. Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar
Why Read Best Books on Cryptocurrency Before Trading and Investing?
Investing in cryptocurrency is an excellent idea for many people. However, you shouldn’t be clueless about them before starting. These books can help you learn more about the market and how to trade or invest in it.
We have compiled this list so that you can have information about :
- Overview of the market: In order to make informed decisions about trading and investing you need to know the basics of the cryptocurrency market.
- You will learn about different types of currencies: These books will provide information on different types of cryptocurrencies. How they work so that you can make better choices when choosing between them.
- You will be able to identify scams: we have added those that provide information on scams. So you what to look out for when dealing with these companies or individuals.
- You will learn about trends and patterns: Lastly, these books can teach readers about trends and practices within the crypto industry so that they know what to expect when dealing with different currencies to keep track of their investments effectively.
1. The Internet of Money: A Collection of Talks by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
A Collection of Talks by Andreas M. Antonopoulos is an excellent Book on Cryptocurrency that will profoundly change your life. It is a collection of speeches describing money’s future engagingly and entertainingly suitable for all audiences. It provides information on one of the essential topics in the world today: blockchain technology.
Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a world-renowned bitcoin evangelist, prolific writer, speaker, educator on cryptocurrencies, and serial entrepreneur who has become one of the most influential figures in the blockchain technology and cryptocurrency field.
He has gained notoriety as one of the most respected experts in the field, having written over two million words on bitcoin and related topics since 2013
In this book, he shares his thoughts on how bitcoin can change the world for the better—and how it already has.
Antonopoulos explains how decentralization—the foundation of bitcoin—can help solve some of humanity’s biggest problems, including poverty and financial instability.
He also discusses why money is not just about economics or finance but about psychology and sociology.
Money impacts everything from our relationships to our political systems, entertainment, spirituality even our sense of self-worth.
This is one of the best books on cryptocurrency that will teach you everything there is to know about digital currency.
2. Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption by Ben Mezrich
Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption is a story that explores the early days of Bitcoin. This book will surely delight readers interested in Bitcoin or the crypto world. The Winklevoss twins are a pair of identical twins who rose to fame after their failed legal battle with Mark Zuckerburg over their role in the creation of Facebook.
If you’re into crypto and want a quick read, this will be one of the best books on cryptocurrency for you. This book is an engaging story about two brothers who became billionaires by investing in bitcoin.
The writer Ben Mezrich, has written several other books, including:
- Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook,
- A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal, and
- The Accidental Billionaires: A Novel About Startup Companies.
3. The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything
The Truth Machine is an excellent book on cryptocurrency. It is written by Michael J. Casey and Paul Vigna. Cryptocurrencies demand the attention of anyone concerned with our economic future. This book chronicles the history of cryptocurrencies, discusses their present-day applications, and anticipates how they may evolve in the future.
It also addresses issues around cryptocurrencies, such as scalability, energy consumption, environmental impact, security breaches, and market manipulation.
4. Cryptocurrency Investing Bible: The Ultimate Guide About Blockchain, Mining, Trading, ICO, Ethereum Platform, Exchanges, Top Cryptocurrencies for Investing and Perfect Strategies to Make Money
Cryptocurrency Investing Bible is the ultimate guide to making money with cryptocurrencies. This book will show you how to invest in digital currencies, trade them on exchanges, and use them as a payment method.
You will learn the advantages of using cryptocurrencies over traditional fiat money, why they are becoming increasingly popular, and where you can start investing in them.
The book also covers several important aspects of trading cryptocurrencies, such as choosing an exchange platform and which cryptocurrency or tokens you should buy. It also explains how to store your coins safely, what wallets are best suited for each type of coin/token, etc.
5. Cryptocurrency Investing For Dummies
It is a world-class guide that will take you through cryptocurrency investing, starting with how it all began and ending with where it’s going. This book is perfect for beginners who want to get started in cryptocurrency investing.
The book begins with a brief history of cryptocurrencies, including how they came about and some of the most popular ones.
It then explains what mining is, how it works, and why you should mine your own coins rather than buy them from an exchange or other outlet (if you’re looking for long-term investments).
Next up are all kinds of different wallets you can use for storing your coins safely and securely.
It includes hardware devices like Trezor or Ledger Nano S paper wallets like Bitcoin Paper Wallet Generator (which prints out paper wallets) and software wallets like Electrum or Jaxx (which can store multiple cryptocurrencies).
6. Attack of the 50-Foot Blockchain
In this book, David Gerard provides a detailed and entertaining look at the world of blockchain technology. He begins by describing how Bitcoin was created and its problems over the years, including a significant amount of fraud.
He then explains how Ethereum came along and offered solutions to some of these problems. The most exciting section of this book is when Gerard discusses intelligent contracts—a way to use blockchain to automate contracts. He explains how they can be used in ways never anticipated when they were first developed.
He is clearly skeptical about whether intelligent contracts will ever become widely used in business transactions because of their complexities and vulnerabilities. Still, he does acknowledge that some people are working on new ways to make them more secure and trustworthy.
7. The Infinite Machine
The Infinite Machine: How an Army of Crypto-hackers Is Building the Next Internet with Ethereum by Camila Russo is a book that describes the history of blockchain technology and its effect on our daily lives. Camila Russo, a journalist, explains how blockchain has influenced different industries such as finance, healthcare, and real estate.
She also describes how cryptocurrencies can be used more efficiently to pay for goods or services than traditional methods like credit cards.
She further explains how blockchain technology can be used in other industries like healthcare, education, and government services. The author says that we should not be too quick to judge this technology because it has many benefits for society.
8. Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps by Daniel Drescher
It’s a book that demystifies the blockchain and cryptocurrency by translating technical jargon into plain English, making it accessible to anyone interested in investing.
Whether you’re on the fence about crypto or already a crypto investor. Drescher keeps a balanced outlook and explains not just benefits but also limitations. He begins with a simple explanation of what cryptocurrencies are, how they work, and why they may be relevant to your life.
He then explains how blockchains work, including why they are so secure (or not). The book’s third section focuses on cryptocurrencies themselves—what makes them different from each other? What do they do? How do people use them?
Drescher also covers some common misconceptions about cryptocurrencies:
- Are they anonymous?
- Are they safe?
- Do they have intrinsic value?
This section lets the reader understand what makes cryptocurrency unique and valuable as an investment opportunity.
9. Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar
The book gives the reader an overview of crypto assets, their work, and why they’re essential. Burniske and Tatar have been involved with blockchain technology since 2009, and both have over 15 years of experience as analysts.
This book is the culmination of their deep knowledge of the crypto asset market and their desire to help investors make informed decisions about cryptocurrency investments.
Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar is a book that presents an innovative approach to investing, where readers will learn how to spot the next big thing in their investment portfolio.
The book’s second part focuses on how to invest in crypto assets. It covers various ways people can buy them, including through exchanges such as Coinbase or Kraken or other platforms such as LocalBitcoins or Bitrefill.
It also introduces readers to significant players in this field, including Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin and Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto (whose real name remains unknown).
The third part of this book looks at some of the risks involved with investing in crypto assets and offers tips on how investors can avoid falling victim to scams or losing money due to hacks or other problems associated with these new assets.
These are the best books on cryptocurrency to grasp what’s going on and how it affects your vantage point in the grand scheme. These books will help you learn all aspects of cryptocurrencies, from basics to advanced concepts and I would highly recommend you to read a few so that your journey around cryptocurrencies is easier and more comfortable.